by Tomin78 Contributor
Contributor

Any chance to have volte on lg v30?

What i need to do to have acces to volte or 4g calling on lg v30 bought on contract from carphone warehouse. Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Any chance to have volte on lg v30?

Doesn't matter. The phone didn't come from EE it doesn't have EE firmware on it.

The OnePlus and Xiaomi are stock android where they won't let networks alter the firmware that is why these will work.

LG allows networks to add bloatware etc to their firmware so this won't work on 4G Calling

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
7 REPLIES 7
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Nothing as you didn't buy the device from EE you won't get 4G calling.

by Tomin78 Contributor
Contributor

It's on EE contract, plus I have oneplus 5 and my wife Xiaomi mi6 and both have VOLTE with same SIM card.so why?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Different handsets.

Where were these other phones bought?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Doesn't matter. The phone didn't come from EE it doesn't have EE firmware on it.

The OnePlus and Xiaomi are stock android where they won't let networks alter the firmware that is why these will work.

LG allows networks to add bloatware etc to their firmware so this won't work on 4G Calling

by Tomin78 Contributor
Contributor

Ok. Thanks for information. Have a nice day.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You too! Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Tomin78

Thanks for coming here.

Our 4G Calling Help page gives you all the devices that will work with 4G Calling.

Please check when buying a phone from a non-EE retailer whether or not it supports 4G Calling, as we cannot guarantee phones purchased from third parties will support the feature.

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.