by Gees92
Visitor

Am I able to use my 4GEE wifi box in Mexico using the data already on the device

• Am I able to use my 4GEE wifi box in Mexico using the data already on the device
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Am I able to use my 4GEE wifi box in Mexico using the data already on the de

You can use it but the data you have is only for UK & EU. You will need to buy a roaming data add-on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Am I able to use my 4GEE wifi box in Mexico using the data already on the de

Hi @Gees92

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

As @XRaySpeX mentioned above, your data allowance is UK and EU inclusive.

In order to use it abroad, you would have to make sure the device is set up for roaming through your My EE account and purchase a roaming add-on while you're there.

If you have an EE mobile phone on one of our 4G Max plans, you are able to use your calls, texts and data when roaming in Mexico, Australia, Canada, USA and New Zealand too.

This means that you could use your phone as a hotspot instead of taking your 4G WiFi box.

I hope you have an amazing time. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.