by fjt1973 Investigator
Investigator

Alternative 4G LTE Router

My Broadband over a phone line is shocking... 1.5MB down / 0.3mb up and that is on a brand new housing estate. You would have thought FTTP or FTTC would be installed but BT are pathetic. Anyway enough of that rant.

While I still continue to wait for BT & Openreach I have a 4G Mifi Router and get around 30MB down / up on a good day. However, I have to either power cycle the thing as the WIFI drops out or have to log in and disconnect / connect from the Mobile Network because the Internet Speed has dropped, I'm dong this several times a day.

I know the MiFi is only designed for using every now and then but I work from home, have serveral media applications as well as Internet enabled cameras so need this running 24 / 7 with little interruption as possible. I would also like to connect in those none wifi devices (NAS) through a switch (I have persistant static routes on my PC's)

Question - what alternative (Cheap) 4G LTE routers are they out there that work with EE and have at least one LAN Port?

I've come across the Huawei Cube that was mentioned in the Gadget Show last week but I'm sure they are many others out there.

6 REPLIES 6
by fjt1973 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Alternative 4G LTE Router

Just looked at Netgear Nighthawk 7100, boy is that ugly!

by
EE Employee

Hi @fjt1973 and welcome back to the community.

Have you taken a look at the Nighthawk we do?

Might be suitable for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by fjt1973 Investigator
Investigator

I've already looked but it seems you can't buy it on its own, unless you know otherwise? I'm already halfway through a 24 month contract.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by
EE Employee

Hi @fjt1973

You can buy it as a pay as you go unit in one of our retail stores.

i would advise popping in and checking the price out.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you would like help with your Home BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by fjt1973 Investigator
Investigator

The issues the Broadband over the Phone Line is the distance from the exchange. It's not just myself but the other 540 newly built houses on the estate that have the same issue. We are waiting on Openreach to enable to Fibre to the Cabinet

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.