by dmoskov Investigator
Investigator

Abnormally slow first charge

Hello everyone!

This Monday I got my 4GEE WiFi device delivered (the normal version, not the mini one). It was somewhere around 2pm. I started charging it almost immediately, and it showed that the battery was at ~25%. I have been charging it non-stop since then, and it just started charging the last of the four bars a few minutes ago, meaning it is currently 75% done.

Two full days of charging have yielded barely 50%. Has anyone else also experienced a first charge taking multiple days (at this rate it will probably be around 72 hours), or is there something wrong with my device's battery?

I am charging it directly from a power socket via a USB adapter, and not through my PC.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Abnormally slow first charge

Hi @dmoskov,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

Have you tried a different power source?

Thanks

James

by dmoskov Investigator
Investigator

I did try charging from my PC for the first 4-5 hours, but after that did not seem to do anything, I switched to the power socket. I use the exact same adapter to charge many other devices and haven't had an issue so far.

by

Hi @dmoskov

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Has this fully charged now?

If not, please use our Interactive diagnostic tool to see if you can run through some potential fixes.

If you still need some further help, please get in touch with our technical team.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by dmoskov Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your reply. The fourth bar is still charging, but I expect it to be done within the next couple of hours. I will have a look the diagnostic tool you have linked to.

by

No problem @dmoskov

It's also worth trying a different USB adapter to rule that out.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.