Highlighted
by GG3 Contributor
Contributor

4gee mobile wifi booster

Where I am, the mobile phone signal is terrible, so I've got a 4gee mini wifi unit, but only ever get 1 bar on the strength, so often get either very slow or non existent Internet and wifi calling. Are there any legal signal boosters out there. I don't have any broadband, so wifi boosters that use the broadband router are no good to me. It's the actual signal strength that I need boosting.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4gee mobile wifi booster

@GG3  Sorry but it's not legal to boost any network signal in the U.K. 

by GG3 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply. I understand that, but I'm sure I remember seeing something a long time ago, that could amplify the signal indoors, e.g. If you're only getting 1 bar, it would take that and amplify it? Ive tried looking around, but can only seem to find things that refer to using your broadband to amplify the signal.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@GG3   You can get a antenna that redirects the signal it captures.    

You have an antenna on your home and it's linked to a box in your home that then gives out that signal indoors.  Your home is not then blocking or interfering with that signal as it's fed directly indoors.  

by GG3 Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thanks for your help. Any idea of any makes/models that will do that. It's hard to know where to look with so many illegal antennas out there.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.