by Jamesmbaker

4g router Nat type strict

I recently got a ee 4g router to play online games but I’m restricted to Nat type 3 does anyone know how I can change this for Xbox one? 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4g router Nat type strict

@Jamesmbaker  You need to change your content lock to off.  You’ll need to call customer services to do this as this is the first time you’ve done this.  You’ll need to pay a refundable token via credit/debit card.  Or you can go to a EE store with ID to prove your over 18. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jamesmbaker: See if you can change the APN Profile to IPv4 Only in the router's APN/Profile.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Jamesmbaker

Welcome to the community. 

Have you been able to follow the advice provided by @Chris_B and @XRaySpeX?

Are you no longer restricted?

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by SaintAidan

I've just tried this - restarted the router and my PS4 and the Nat Type has remained at 3.

That said, I did a speed test through the console and it was faster on both upload and download than I have had in the last year...maybe just a coincidence.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SaintAidan 

Welcome to the community. 

That's great about the speeds. Are you having a problem with playing online games still?

Have you spoken with our Tech Gurus about this at all?

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.