Highlighted
by DylanThomas
Explorer

4GeeWiFi connection

Hi,

I read Christos question with interest about the WiFi taking a while to show up on his device. I have been using my 4 Gee WiFi Mini in Portugal and Spain and it has been working well. However it has now started to take a while to show up on my laptop and Galaxy Tablet. It seems to work better when it is fully charged, so my question is - should I keep it constantly plugged in the charger on mains electricity to maintain a better connection? If so, should I remove the battery and will it still work without the battery in the device? Thanks for your help. Dylan

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: 4GeeWiFi connection

Hi @DylanThomas

It is fine charging with either your laptop or charging plug. 

I would not recommend charging with your tablet or leaving it on charge permanently. 

Katie 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
by

Good Morning @DylanThomas.

Welcome to the community. 

I would not recommend keeping the device constantly plugged in, however if this does improve the speeds I would recommend keeping it on charge whilst in use.

On your return to the UK please give our technical care team a call, they will be able to run diagnostics for a possible permanent fix. 

The device will also not work if you remove the battery. 

Thanks, Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What mains charger? The 4GEE WiFi Mini doesn't come with a charger.

You are meant, & should, to keep it plugged into your lappy by the supplied USB cable. Then it'll only be charged when the lappy is on & you are using it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DylanThomas
Explorer

Thank you Katie & XRay for your speedy & helpful advice. I have only acquired my device in the last few months and my quick start guide seems to be slightly different to the one that is online. For example, my device does not have a button that shows the level of charge - 25% etc(it just goes red when there is less than 21% charge left). Anyway, my guide says charge the device using a SV/1A charger? I have been using the charging plug from my smart phone which seemed to work. However I have now pluged it into the laptop and it seems to be working fine. My next problem is that my Galaxy tablet does not have a normal USB port so I shall have to buy an adapter. Regarding the battery, my guide says that if I am using my WiFiMini whilst connected to the charger for more than 7 days it is advisable to remove the battery to avoid any damage? Thanks for your help. regards Dylan.

by
Solution

Hi @DylanThomas

It is fine charging with either your laptop or charging plug. 

I would not recommend charging with your tablet or leaving it on charge permanently. 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.