Make your house a smart home - with help from EE
Highlighted
by johnooo Investigator
Investigator

4Gee Wifi Reset issue

Hello,

So I am having a issue with my 4Gee Wifi. My friend gave this to me a few months ago. When he gave it to me it showed me how to master retset it by holding down the reset botton for 5 seconds.

Doing this I was able to log into the router by using the username admin and password admin. I then changed it to something else. Fast forward today and I need to use this for the first time in months. I have slotted in a none EE sim (device is unlocked). But on the little screen it will flash up the network (giffgaff in this case) but then just say connecting.

So I thought I might have to change something via the router setting. But I can't remember what I changed the username or password to. So I did a master reset but the admin/admin username or password is not working.

Any idas how I can get into the router? I have tried master resetting it about 4 times so far.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: 4Gee Wifi Reset issue

@johnooo wrote:

master retset it by holding down the reset botton for 5 seconds.

You sure it's a button & not pressing a paper-clip in a hole marked 'R'?

You sure it's unlocked? They are sold locked to EE & only unlocked upon request?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@johnooo wrote:

You sure it's unlocked? They are sold locked to EE & only unlocked upon request?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by johnooo Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@johnooo wrote:

Hi thanks for getting back to me. You are correct I had to hold both the power and reset button for the master reset (EE intructions on google said to do it via pin in the back of the unit).

But it's all sorted now I just needed to edit the profile of the network once I was in to get it up and running. Yes the device is unlocked I believe you can ask EE for a NUC code but I think you need to be a customer with them for a while. Soon as my friend past it on to me I just bought a unlock code from the eBay for £1.

Thanks again for the help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome Smiley Happy! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Thought it might turn out to be a profile/APN issue Smiley Happy.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @johnooo

Happy to hear it's fixed. Smiley Happy

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.