cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4Gee WiFi

texeltom
Investigator
Investigator

Please excuse my ignorance but will a 4GEE WiFi data sim work in a non-EE mobile router? Many thanks Tom

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @texeltom

Welcome to the community.

If the device is unlocked your EE SIM card should work for you in this device 🙂

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T

Hi @texeltom

Welcome to the community.

If the device is unlocked your EE SIM card should work for you in this device 🙂

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Thank you. What would i need to do to register the SIM and activate it? Do you send a code by SMS and how would i get that? Thanks

Leanne_T

Hi @texeltom

Thanks for coming back to me.

Is the SIM pay as you go or pay monthly?

The SIM will be ready to use, if this is pay as you go you will need to top up and purchase a pack.

Thanks.

Leanne.

I am about to buy a SIM for this router i will use in my camper as it is a combined antenna so it will pick up very weak signals. I might try with PAYG first and then move to a contract if it works well. I just wnated to make sure there was no PIN or activation required and that once i get it its ready to go once i put it in the router. I think the router requires an APN setting which you put in via an app.

Thnaks

Most MBB routers can do texts. Login to your MBB router at http://192.168.1.1 with username/pwd as "admin"/"admin" or with the password found under the battery cover & look for the SMS tab.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)