Highlighted
by kokkolis Investigator
Investigator

4GEE WiFi

Dear All,

Just got a 4GEE WiFi, ("large" one)...have charged it, set it up, connected and was fine.

Today, with a battery charged (estimate around 50%), the network would not appear when searching for it on my Mac or iPhone.

The device was clearly on (when pressing the power button for one sec, I could clearly see the blue LEDs for full signal, message and battery, all in blue, then they would dim after a few seconds).

I switched the device on and off several times, nothing.  After almost one hour of trying!, the network somehow finally appeared -and connected without a problem.

Any thoughts?

Interestingly, during that time, I also tried to charge it (thinking that a say 40-50% battery may somehow not be enough)...I connected it to my Mac's 29W charger...interestingly, the LED fot the battery did NOT start flashing -as it should when put for charge...

Any thoughts on this one?

By the way, the firmware is fully up-to-date (confirmed today when I eventually managed to connect).  This is my SECOND device within one month...first one had charging problems...

Thank you for helping me!

Christos 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: 4GEE WiFi

You're more than welcome, @kokkolis. 🙂

I'm glad the 4G has started working for you and you've managed to get some charge into it. 

Give us a shout if you have any more questions. 🙂

Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
by

Hi @kokkolis

With regard to both problems, I'd recommend resetting the device:

Perform master reset via hardware:

Step Action
1 Remove the bumper to uncover the Reset button.
2 Using a paperclip or pen, press and hold the Reset button for approximately 5 seconds.
3 The device will restart automatically.

Perform master reset via software:

Step Action
1 Connect the device to the PC via the USB cable.
2 Launch a web browser and in the address bar, enter http://ee.mobilebroadband then click the arrow icon or press Enter.
3 From the home page, click log in here to access settings.
4 Enter the required username and password, then click OK.
5 Click System under the Settings tab.
6 Click Reset.

Click OK.

Note: Performing master reset will delete all personal configuration settings and will also restore the web-based management settings to their default values.

What happens when you use the charger that came with the device?

Could you try charging it from the mains/another device?

Chris

by kokkolis Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris and thank you for replying to my query.

1st issue: Interestingly,  the device only came with a yellow USB-C to USB-A cable (and not with a charger); instructions say "use a 5V -2amp charger".

Using the 29W Apple charger with its USB -C cable that charges my MAC (rated 14.5V-2.0amp in USB PD mode or 5.2V-2.4amp) , either with Apple or non-Apple cable did NOT charge the device -very buffling.  Connecting the supplied cable to my Apple iPhone 12W charger (also rated at 5.2V, 2.4amp), with any USB-A to USB-C cable works fine...

2nd issue: yesterday no problems at all..device picked up 4G signal, and pretty soon I could detect my network..no problems...temperamental? interference or location issues? Unlikely, but next time I come accross connection issue I shall indeed perform a master reset as you suggest.

The charger issue is a very strange one..why one charger to work OK and another not, even at similar output rates is beyond me...I wonder am I the only one ending with temperamental 4GEE? It's the second one in a month, and each time I am starting it I wonder whether it'll work or not 🙂

Thank you for your support,

Christos

by
Solution

You're more than welcome, @kokkolis. 🙂

I'm glad the 4G has started working for you and you've managed to get some charge into it. 

Give us a shout if you have any more questions. 🙂

Chris

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.