Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

4GEE WIFI mini Lost password etc

I have tried everything to sort this, I reset it as it wouldn't accept my password and my signal bars were always flashing, saying connection failed. I have lost the back of the mini with the password and admin details. As we were in middle of house move, Don't know what to do as ee were no help to me at all no option to send me a new one out as am under contract for 2 years. Could someone please help is there any way to resolve this as BT are not getting out till June to connect our broadband and the kids and us really need this to work for us. Please say there is a way round this

cheers

Kev

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: 4GEE WIFI mini Lost password etc

Login to your MBB router at http://192.168.1.1 with username/pwd as "admin"/"admin" or with the password found under the battery cover.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Login to your MBB router at http://192.168.1.1 with username/pwd as "admin"/"admin" or with the password found under the battery cover.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kevinkesoe1

Thanks for coming to the community.

Did you factory reset the device?

Could you try using the username and password @XRaySpeX has provided?

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

I have tried everything, this 192.168.1.1 won't even load for me as it comes up with this reload page or refresh page. Really do not understand this as it was fine before we moved 2 miles from where we last stayed. I've reset it the lot. Am usually pretty switched on with tech but this is a tricky one. I lost the cover with all login details during move. I honestly thought maybe ee would over a swap, as I've been a loyal customer but was no help at all yesterday, paying for a service I can't use I was fobbed off with. So for the next 22 months I've to pay for this and there is nothing I can do tshe lady said. Nice. This is my last resort guys 

Highlighted
by

I am very sorry to hear this @Kevinkesoe1 

If you enter your postcode into the EE Network Status Checker, do we have any problems showing for the area?

Do you have any other devices on EE?

If so, do they have full signal showing?

Thanks.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

No problems as usually I've got My EE is active to tell me. Yes the P30 Pro I am now using no isusse with it at all. I don't know if the 4GEE mini is faulty or what, I've only had it 2 months maybe. I don't know what else to do. 

Highlighted
by

Hi @Kevinkesoe1

Thanks for confirming this for me.

I would suggest speaking to our Tech Gurus again and letting them know the factory reset has not worked and you are unable to access the device.

They will be able to get this looked into further for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.