by CJStone
Visitor

4GEE Router HH70VB Dual LTE Antenna?

I have purchased the 4GEE Router ( HH70VB ) which has 2 LTE antenna ports on the back.....

After scouring these forums and google and several calls to the technical support teams I still do not have concrete details about what the connection is and where I could buy such antenna's that will be any good.

So far I have established it has an SMA connection.  Other EE forums have suggested a TS-5 connection but this brings up no antenna's available in the world if this is the case.  

Some in depth googling has brought up details that the 4G will not be enhanced by any antenna's as they only contribute boosts to 3G....  This has further confused me.

I'm at the end of my tether as I am only picking up 1 bar of signal ( if i'm lucky ) with packet loss from 1% (taped to my window) to 100% if (on the window sill).  My phone (iphone 😎 picks up perfect 4G no matter where I am in the house with no packet loss.  I don't believe that the aerial in my handset surpasses a 4GEE router device.  

The crux of the question is - what is the antenna I need to purchase to make this device work...?

6 REPLIES 6
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: 4GEE Router HH70VB Dual LTE Antenna?

Hello CJStone

External, proper antennas help 4G A LOT. There is really no two ways about that. 

The router has SMA connectors as I have pointed out on other threads.

The best external antenna to get depends on your local situation:

Top end would be a pair of these mounted externally. I know it says 3G but the frequency range is correct. They also have a huge range of other antennas.

Otherwise, other retailers also sell antennas with SMA ports but make sure they support the EE frequencies (800, 1800, 2100, [2600 in urban]).

Please let me know if you have any other questions

by
EE Employee

Hi @CJStone and welcome to the community.

Hopefully, the information provided by @Peter_C has helped.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Graham5219

Hi There – I was just reading your post, as I have exactly the same problem as CJStone.

Just to be clear I need to buy TWO antennae? One won’t work – that’s a lot of cost, which is why I ask.

Are you aware of any more aesthetically nicer antenna?

Thanks.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You need two antenna feeds for good performance yes. However, there are options varying in price and performance to do this.
by Martin_Doyle

Hello Peter,

ive just come across this conversation about external antennas.

i have the same ee router.

are the top end antennas that you mention above still the best option now? My only other concern is the cable run, mine would be over the 7m. Do you think a longer run would have any impact on signal?

your advice would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

martin

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Martin,

I would recommend contacting EE's antenna team who install their own external antenna for customers: 0800 079 0131. 

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.