by tomkinghorn Investigator
Investigator

4GEE Max Data

I have recently opened a new contract on a 4GEE Wifi Max device. Before that I was buying extra data on my EE phone contract every month - so it seemed like a good idea at the time. 

Before getting the device, I was using around 9GB of data on my mobile phone - I was told this by the EE sales person at the time of getting the new device. 

My device has an allowance of 30GB. There is only my mobile phone connected to it and no other device at all. My data renews each month on the 20th of the month. 

I beleive that there is either an issue with my device or there is an issue with how much data is being used for simple taks on my mobile phone. I seem to have run out of data within 13 days without doing anything extra on my phone that I previously did before getting the deivce. 

How have I gone from using 9GB to using 30GB to do pretty much the same thing? 

I have seen quite a few posts around the same thing but none seem to have an answer. Surely EE can't just make a different device use data quicker? 

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Employee

Re: 4GEE Max Data

Hi @tomkinghorn and welcome to the community.

So I can try and assist, please my I know have you got any other devices connected to the MIFI unit?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi @Lee_H

As mentioned in my original post, there are no other devices attached to the WIFI device

by
EE Employee

Hi @tomkinghorn

Have you checked your apps that run in the back ground.

Do you watch YouTube, Netflix, etc?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi @Lee_H

I had just downloaded the EE app which says I still have 22GB of data so it seems there is just an issue with my device. 

It does turn on and flashes but then goes off. My phone still says it is connected to the wifi but nothing actually works on my phone.

by
EE Employee

Hi @tomkinghorn

Have you tried a full master reset?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi @Lee_H

I have reset the device yes, the problem is still there.

Cheers,

Tom

by
EE Employee

Hi @tomkinghorn

Please do give our technical team a quick call to have this looked into.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.