cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4GEE HomeHub, be careful what you wish for!

mic617
Investigator
Investigator

I am less than a month into a new contract with EE after nervously wondering whether using the 4G network for my home broadband would be better than the rubbish internet I get over landline. Wow... really impressed. It worked as advertised and the increase in internet speeds was just great...... until.

we ran out of Data. Don’t get me wrong. I’d tried to do my homework and work out how much we needed each month and bought the relevant deal as a result. Turns out it wasn’t enough and, do you know, that’s ok I thought!

I didn’t want to return the hub... not that I could have anyway as unlike other broadband operators EE only give the 14 days grace period... and stupidly I thought EE would be happy to upgrade me to the next data package as advertised with the discount on the EE website. But no, it turns out EE won’t offer me the next package at the advertised discount rate as the contract I took with them was for a lower discounted rate and the data package I now want has a higher discount rate!

So I can have more data, but not at the advertised rate on the website. Clearly any sane person would say no. Life is too short to desperately need the data!

What I don’t understand is why EE would not even consider that by offering to put me on the discounted, higher data contract as a 25 day old new customer! One, I would still be paying them more money, and two, they would have made me a satisfied customer.

But no, it appears customer satisfaction or building customer loyalty is not important to EE, so my advice to anyone reading this; be more careful than I was when contracting with EE. Don’t assume that other companies Ts&Cs are industry standard and don’t expect EE to understand if you make a simple customer error. EE were really very close to making me a happy customer, but now they have just made me hugely upset, I feel stupid with myself and wish I’d never clicked onto their website. When this 18 month contract is over I will be taking my business elsewhere.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Leanne,

Thank you for suggesting I call back and thank you too to wardie for their own experience. The representative on the phone today was able to to transfer my account over to the tariff I wanted without any problem at all. Perhaps I will put my previous experience down to bad luck.

hopefully this chat will help anyone else navigate the same problem in future.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mic617

Thanks for coming to the community.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did our Mobile Care team suggest any other plans or data add-ons when you spoke to them?

Thanks.

Leanne.

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

mic617.. I don't know if this is the same product/tariff but read on..

I bought a 4G router about 3 weeks ago and 'guessed' at the 100GB package @ £35 per month.  I realised in the last week that this would not quite be enough data for us for some months of the year.  I phoned yesterday and for peace of mind asked to be put on the next tariff up (200GB for £40) and this was done for me straight away with no hassle.

Sorry to say Leanne, but no.

they said I could have the next package up but I could only have it with the 200GB package discount. The website offers the 300GB package for £45 with the discount, but I would have to £60? I have only been an EE customer for 4 weeks. Surely I am still a new customer?

i just don’t understand why EE would turn down 18 months worth of extra money even at the advertised discounted rate and my potential future customer loyalty.

I would just like to contract for the 300GB Package at £45 as advertised up from the £40 200GB package?

It appears ‘wardi’ was able to do so who commented on this chat?

Thank you wardi. Yes, what you’ve been able to do is exactly what I tried to do with my package. I’ve only been a customer for 4 weeks?

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

mic617.. one weird thing which might be related.  When I agreed to upgrade to the 200GB package the lady at EE I spoke to said the price was showing as £45, not the £40 showing on the 4G Router tariff page.  However when she put it through the extra discount automatically applied and the price dropped to £40.  Best of luck getting it resolved.   

Glad you got the advertised discount. £40 for 200GB is what I’m on. The baffling thing with my situation is that I can get 20% discount for EE through my employer. If I elected to take the 300GB package without the advertised discount, but applied my 20% employee discount I could still get the 300GB package for less than I was offered on the phone when I asked to up the data!

Regardless, if they did it for you why can’t they do it for me?

Thank you anyway

Leanne_T

Hi there @mic617

Thanks for coming back to me.

I would suggest speaking to our Mobile Care team again to see if there is anything else they can do to help you with your plan.

Please let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

Ok Leanne, I will try again today

Leanne_T

Thanks very much @mic617

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.