cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4G Router

Adam_I
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

I currently have the 4G EE home router 2017 and I have a 200gb data sim. I always run out of data on it even though when I signed up I was assured I wouldn’t. Anyway I have been paying the monthly bill and in 2 months I can upgrade. I wanted to know if there are any unlimited data sims which I can upgrade to? I currently pay £45 for 200GB of data. Unfortunately I cannot get the home broadband package otherwise I would do that. 

Want it to know if there are any cheaper options which gives me unlimited data. I have seen at 3 they do unlimited data sims at a lot lower price so was wondering if EE do the same before I decide to move or continue with EE. 

Thank you. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter_C
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Adam_I and welcome to the community.

The lowest cost EE route would be to put an unlimited phone SIM in the router. 

Thanks,

Peter

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter_C
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Adam_I and welcome to the community.

The lowest cost EE route would be to put an unlimited phone SIM in the router. 

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your swift reply. Does it have to be an EE unlimited data sim? If so do you know what the cheapest one is? 

Thanks. 

Adam

jamesmacwhite
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, EE do offer unlimited data SIMs, you can find them below:

https://shop.ee.co.uk/mobile-phone-deals/sim-only-deals

Okay that’s great. That’s what I’ll do when I upgrade then. Thank you 

Flood2020
Investigator
Investigator

hi, 

i called them up to see if i can swap to a phone sim for £32 a month unlimted data (was their offer at the time) she managed to change it to that, it has a cap of how many devices you can use think its 11 and if you go over they charge you more. 

but i mean look at the phone sims and ask if you can swap over. 

hope this helps. saving myself and fiancee a good amount a month!

Hello,

thank you for that! I wish I done that sooner now rather than waiting for the contract to end! But I’ll definitely do it going forward. Just hope they have some good deals on soon!