Highlighted
by
Explorer

4G Home Router LAN Ports Not Working

Hello,

I have a 4G Home Router. Neither of the 2 LAN ports are working when i plug in a LAN cable. I have tried to connect for 2 reasons,

1 is to set up a Sonos speaker on the wifi network (which requires a wired connection in the first place to do the initial setup) and neither of the 2 LAN ports will allow the Sonos to be "seen".

2 I have tried to connect an Apple Time Capsule to use as a networked storage device and again the device will not be "seen" when going to configure it in Airport Utility.

I have made no changes to the LAN settings in the 4G device, it is as factory settings.

Any Ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 4G Home Router LAN Ports Not Working

Hi @kevandxb,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Is your router all setup and working over WiFi?

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Hi James

Yes, the 4G wifi works fine. I have had the router for a while and just not had any need to use the lan ports.

Best Regards

xxxxx xxxxxxxxx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com
+44 XXXX XXXXXX

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information such as your phone number in this public forum. Thanks]

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kevandxb,

Do you have a laptop or PC you could connect to the LAN to see if it can access the internet?

Have you tried a different cable?

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

When you connect an Ethernet cable on LAN1/2 to a wired device do the indicator lights on the 4GEE home router light up at all? First confirm if the LAN ports are supplying a signal, then you need to determine if DHCP is working and supplying an IP address.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions