by tsne16487 Contributor
Contributor

4G EE Router cant have more than one device streaming/gaming at the same time?

Hi All, I recently bought the EE landline and EE broadband as well as the EE 4G router broadband.  It all seemed good as I was testing but when I tried to connect up the rest of the family everything went pear-shaped.

If my son is gaming and then someone else streams a show, the game suddebly pings at over 400ms and the connectino drops so a single bar )the dreaded red bar).

Also the NAT is type 3 or strict and you cannot change it, sure you can activate UPnP but without port forwarding on this router itspointless, as it doesnt work, there is no way to change the NAT on this router, and I think this is what is causing the issues Im having whenever mpre than one user uses the system at the same time.

Any help or advice would be apprecited, cheers.

7 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4G EE Router cant have more than one device streaming/gaming at the same tim

@tsne16487: Sorry, is this about a mobile BB router, as per title, or fixed landline BB, as per text? There is an answer for fixed BB.

Which router have you exactly?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: 4G EE Router cant have more than one device streaming/gaming at the same tim

Hello @tsne16487 up to 30 devices can be connected to the EE 4G router at once.

EE do use CGNAT and this can cause issues but general gaming and streaming should be OK. Does this continue after restarting the router?

by tsne16487 Contributor
Contributor

Hi tm90 yes it contnues after restarting, the thing that bothers me is that they sold it as a fantastic alternative for gaming, but it just isnt. I dont mind spending money if it works, but this clearly doesnt.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

What download speeds do you get when you have nothing streaming or any games being played? Are you getting enough to cope with gaming and streaming at the same time?

I have had a 4G router for nearly two years and I have never had a problem streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube or BBC iPlayer/ITV Player/4oD. I have used it a little for gaming but only uploading saves/downloading updates not for online multiplayer games.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tsne16487,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

Are you using the home broadband connection, mobile broadband or both?

James

by tsne16487 Contributor
Contributor

I get normally around 6mb but its ok with tflix as you can restrict bitrate per user which is advantageous.

But the wife streams Hayu and that just steals all the bandwidth it can.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

6mb is not much at all for combined streaming and gaming. It seems to be choking your connection which would explain why you get such a high ping when gaming.

Is that the best 4G speeds you can get? Have you tried moving the device around? Upstairs windows are usually the best places.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.