by GrahamKirk

Refused Replacement Sim Card on a Contract

I have lost my sim card and went into an EE store only to be told that as I do not have a Driving Licence or a Passport I could not get a sim card. Effectively EE have terminated my contract without any proper notification and are in breach of the Sale of Goods Act. 

I have been billed monthly for the last 14 months, paying in the region of £40 a month for the service. During this period at no point did EE ask for photo ID. I have a phone but no Sim card so I can contact EE on any phone numbers. 

People in the shops seem to have no ability to operate using common sense. What a totally useless service. 

Any advice is welcomed.

1 REPLY
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Refused Replacement Sim Card on a Contract

Hi @GrahamKirk

Welcome to community Smiley Happy

ID requirements

When we deliver your order to you or you come and collect it in store, we’ll also need to confirm your identity. Please have one of the following forms of photo ID to hand:

• passport
  • driving licence photo card

If you choose to have your order delivered to your home, we also accept the following forms of photo ID: Police ID cards, Military ID cards and disability ID cards.

Don’t have any ID? You can call customer services from an alternative mobile or landline number.

For more information please see our DELIVERY OF YOUR EE ORDER help pages.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.