by
Investigator

Re: Live Streaming via Facebook Page

I'm desperate to understand a working solution to this issue.  I broadcast a weekly radio show and have been trying to have a concurrent FaceBook live video stream, but the 10 min drop-out's have proven to make this unusable up to now.

by
Investigator

Same here!

In the meantime, use an iPhone? We have previously used that at Radio York,
and it streams continuously.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
by
Investigator

I used to use that as my solution, but got very excited about being able to actually use the Action Cam instead of it gathering dust.  I ordered an iRig 2 yesterday, so it's back to the iPhone live stream until EE can sort themselves out.

Thanks for your feedback Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I have had confirmation from the Action Cam team.

The 10 minute recording setting is a camera feature to prevent it being used for prolonged periods, which isn’t the intended purpose of the camera.

Facebook Live offers a longer streaming time.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Shall I be the first to respond to this?  My blood is actually boiling at the complete contempt EE holds against its customers.  Let me explain - To sell a product which by its very nature has a limit against what could present the only business risk to the provider (i.e. 4/3G data is controlled and regulated by EE), how it can further limit a device as a "feature" is beyond me.

You have taken what was originally a very shambolic product (due to it's original "streaming" capability).  Then technically adjusted it to make use of FaceBook, which was a fantastic decision, and have now rendered the whole solution completely useless (albeit for a subset of users with whom an arbitrary time limit is acceptable).  Back to streaming on mobile devices it is then.

I for one will be voting with my feet when the contract expires in May as the data allowance will now be completely useless.  Shame on you EE. 

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Hello Lee

Like everyone else, I am incredulous at this reply. It's a feature that they have chosen to incorporate?! Why would they do that? You yourself typed a reply to me a few days saying that you expected it to be able to stream for longer periods, and that you had indeed seen that happen at sports events, etc.

Given this situation, I consider this move to Facebook Live to be a substantial alteration of my original terms and conditions, and one which I am not content with. I therefore seek to terminate my contract - and would be grateful if you can arrange this forthwith. Unless they can sort out this silly 10 minute restriction?!

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Like the posters above, I'm struggling to understand why a 10 minute maximum stream time could ever be considered a "feature". In what situations would a 10 minute maximum stream be more useful to someone vs. a no limit stream length? Please can you give some examples as I can't think of a single reason.

Was it a feature that focus groups idenitified customers had requested? I can't think why anyone would make that request.

Would encourage you to rethink this feature. The move to facebook was a great idea and turned a very poor product into a good product overnight, but with a 10 minute maximum stream it's crippled it's usefulness. Doesn't EE want customers to consume more data rather than less?

by
Investigator

Hi @Lee_H

Any further word from the EE team on making the Actioncam stream for longer than 10 minutes. It never did that with Skeegle, and there is no restriction with Facebook themselves, so I can't imagine why it is still in place.

PLEASE can you nudge them along to lift this restriction? There are so many other EE customers who want this change too!

by
EE Community Support Team

[ Edited ]

Evening @noott

The information @Lee_H posted is all the information we have I'm afraid.

I can certainly pass your feedback on.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.