by
Investigator

Live Streaming via Facebook Page

Firstly congrats on a massive, massive improvement with Facebook Live Streaming replacing the not very useful skeegle app.

Now you've gone the facebook route, are there any plans to allow streaming to Facebook "Pages"? I own an adventure sports company and would like to stream live to my facebook page so that customers can follow the action, hopefully like the look of what they see, and sign up to come along to a future event themselves.

I can stream direct to my page from my phone, so I'm guessing it'll just be a slight tweak to the 4GEE Action Cam software that's required?

Thanks,

Matt

28 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Live Streaming via Facebook Page

Hello there @Mango99

Very glad you like it Smiley Happy

I will certainly see what I can find out for you.

I will let you know when I get some information.

Thanks.

by

Good morning @Mango99

You can start your own real-time broadcast using Facebook Live from a business page.

It is as simple to use as on your personal page.

The only difference being that anything you publish from a business page will always be public.

Once you’ve finished the broadcast it will be visible on your Facebook wall, so, your followers can still access and interact with the content.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Hi Leanne

Thanks for the reply.

If I go to Facebook on my phone and select to broadcast live from the page itself, then it will broadcast via my phone (and not the Action Cam, which is what I want to do).

The steps I am following are:

Pair the camera to my phone > Launch 4GEE Action Cam app > select Settings > Live Stream > Facebook > connect (this connects the app to Facebook Live under my own personal profile. The is no option to connect it to my Page instead).

If I start filming it will post the video to my own profile (not my page). If I select settings in the 4GEE Action Cam app, the options are to post to friends, public, only me, but all posting as my profile, and not my pages profile. There is no option to post as the page itself, which is what I think is required here?

Thanks.

by

Hello @Mango99.

I have asked some further questions for you.

I will get back to you as soon as possible Smiley Happy

Thanks!

by

Hello there @Mango99.

Do you have a separate log in for the business page?

If so are you able to log out and back in with these details?

Thanks Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hi there

There are no seperate logins for Facebook "Pages". Instead you log-in with your standard individual Facebook user ID as normal. To post to a Page, you select that page within Facebook.

In terms of applications (or a live action camera) posting to Facebook, the option to do so would have to be in the bundled App software itself. So, if it isn't already there (I don't think it is) then it's probably a "feature request" / job for your application developers?

This link has info on how an App can post to Facebook as a Page rather than an Individual:  https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pages/publishing

Thanks

Matt

by

Thank you @Mango99

You can tell I am a Twitter girl!

We are going to investigate this with Facebook and get back to you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Thanks Leanne, much appreciated Smiley Happy

Have a good weekend Smiley Happy

by

Thanks you @Mango99

You too Smiley Happy Speak soon!

by
Investigator

We have the same problem at Radio York. We use it for our Finders Keepers programme. The only way we have got round it so far is to start it on your own Facebook account, and then share the link by going to the corporate Facebook page and hitting the button.

Hope that helps in the meantime

I have a separate issue - not sure if you have had this? The device stops the stream after exactly ten minutes - and then you have to reconnect it. How can you start one Facebook Live, and then just leave that single one running until you have finished?

by
Investigator

Hi, yes I’ve also noticed the 10 min max stream length. (facebook live can handle up to 24hrs, so it’s not a limitation their end).

Thanks for tip re: sharing. I had previously tried that with no joy, but will try again. I tend to be out on the water, with no laptop near me though, and not sure if you can do that via a phone? (will test both ways over the weekend).
by

Hi @Mango99 and @noott

I will certainly look into this for you as it definitely should be streaming more than 10 minutes.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

You can do it via iphone app or webpage (share the original Facebook live video feed)...as long as the Facebook user has access to the corporate page. It's not as clean as doing it straight through, as you would using a smartphone for example. But at least it does mean you can push it out either by cut/pasting the link or hitting share. However, it does then share your personal facebook feed to the corporate page users, so make sure the rest of the personal page privacy settings are ok!

Take a look... https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.buxton/videos/10157998912080274/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

by

Hi @noott

I've seen many a sports event streamed through Facebook live, soon as I have any information I will let you know.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

Thanks @Lee_H

Look forward to hearing how to solve it

by
Investigator

Hi @Lee_H

I wondered if it had anything to do with the memory card? Does that somehow restrict the file size it tries to store, even though it's streaming?

by

[ Edited ]

Hi @noott

I would'nt think so.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

I tried it again this morning without the memory card - and sadly it still stopped after exactly 10 minutes each time. It seems to be the app / camera that is doing it. It's not Facebook as that will allow non-stop.

Help please!
by

Hi @noott

Don't worry, I am waiting to hear back from the action cam team to find out what the issue may be.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.