by RealBods
Explorer

4GEE Capture Cam and Facebook Livestream Login Errors.

So I've bought a Capture Cam, and discovered that there's been an ongoing issue with logging into Facebook in order to allow the camera to stream.

Do we have any more information on when this is going to be solved? I bought the camera with this use in mind and if it's not going to work then I'll have to return it.

Any update for the app??

16 REPLIES
by
EE Employee

Re: 4GEE Capture Cam and Facebook Livestream Login Errors.

Hi @RealBods and welcome to the community.

Have you updated the camera by placing a SIM card into the device and making sure the latest firmware is on?

We are awaiting on a handset app update which is still in testing.

Many thanks,

Lee

by RealBods
Explorer

Yes I have.

Why is this update taking such a long time? It seems like it's been testing for over a month? Any idea of a time period we're going to be waiting on?

by
EE Employee

Hi @RealBods 

I will certainly look into this to see if there is any further news.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @RealBods

The app has now been updated and you should see an update now available.

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

by KeithD Investigator
Investigator

Hi @leanne_T,

I'm not sure if it's the same problem but I'll ask here if that's OK.  I've recently purchased a 4GEE Capture Cam with 2GB SIM.  Firmware has been updated.  When I try to connect to Live stream and the camera power button breathes purple, after selecting the Facebook option, I very briefly see a screen (see photo) and then the screen goes blank; basically looking like the image but with no writing.  I've tried this on two iOS devices and it does the same thing.  The camera was purchased with the intention to live stream over 4G but I'm a bit stuck with how to proceed.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Keith

EE issue.PNG

by

Hi @KeithD,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

James

by KeithD Investigator
Investigator

Hi @James_B

I only received the camera yesterday and downloaded the app and updated the camera.  At the moment, all I can say is that it won't work on iOS 11 on either my iPhone or iPad but, wahaaay, I can connect to Live stream using my old Android phone.  It's not ideal but it is working Smiley Happy  On iOS 11 the screen that allows you to configure privacy settings doesn't appear - I only know it's that screen now because it does appear on the Android app.

Thanks,

Keith

by

Hi @KeithD,

Thanks for the update. Smiley Happy

Please leave feedback in the app store so the developers can take a look at this issue for you.

James

by G_J_C Investigator
Investigator

Is there any update to this? 

I've tried on IOS 11 and IOS 10, both let me enter the facebook username / password, I get a Authorise account screne appear for a moment or two then it goes to a blank white screen.

My camera reports it is on the latest version, the App is up to date and both iPhones are as up to date as they can be, my Iphone 8 is fully up to date, my old iPhone 5 is as up to date as it can be given it cant take IOS 11.  The app was deleted and redownloaded fomr the store a few days ago.

I don't have the option of using an Android device, so this needs to be fixed on IOS.

Please don'task me to contact support via Apple App stoe, the request support link just goes to the EE homepage.

by

Hi @G_J_C,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm afraid I haven't had any new updates on this issue.

Please get in touch with customer services so our technical team can look into this for you.

Thanks

James

by G_J_C Investigator
Investigator

Read more
Hi

If I try the I want "Technical support"  Chat button on your link I get told the agent can't handle this sort of query.  There is no option to email the quesiton in.

If I call I'll get someone reading a script about rebooting the camera, and once they work out the cellular / 4G side is working the call will be considered closed.

The Cellular side is working perfectly fine, the issue is something to do with the way the IOS app handles the interface presented when trying to log into Facebook,  It may be related to a change in the privacy settings in IOS, or it needs to be updated as there my have been a change at the Facebook side.

I do NOT think 1st line support will be able to help and I'm not sure they will take enought details for 2nd or 3rd line support to understand the issue.

How can I get this send to 2nd/ 3rd line support who will be able to talk to the vendors or the firmware update team at EE and not have me sent around in circles?
by

Hi @G_J_C,

I would recommend getting in touch via telephone as level one technical will be able to transfer you to level two if necessary.

Thanks

James

by G_J_C Investigator
Investigator

Just to follow up, 2nd line support were helpful but basically told me that support ended when EE discontinued the product in 2016 and Apple do not support the app.

Given that there was an update around November this is clearly wrong, but they have no more information and canot offer any more support.  I was also told Google do still support Skeegle (which also jsut isnt true as Skeegle went under) whihc is why the app still works.

I'll keep the camera as I can use it for Timelapse use and frankly it was pretty cheap , but clearly EE Support don't seem to have relaible informaiton about products they bring to market and it givens me doubts about if I'll be using EE as a company in the future.

by

Hi @G_J_C,

I'm sorry our support teams were unable to resolve this for you.

Thanks for coming back to update us.

James

by jerry88

This is scandalous. I have read this thread after purchasing a 4GEE Action Cam for the sole purpose of live streaming. It seems there is no fix for this nearly 6 months in. How do we get refunded under warranty.

by

Hi @jerry88

Welcome to the community.

Did you get your Action Cam on a contract with EE?

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.