wifi connected - no internet connection EVEN WITH DATA

HI MY NEW PHONE GETS NO INTERNET WIRELESS OR WITH DATA ?? ANY HELP WELCOMED

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: APPLE 8 PLUS

@TOPPERK    Ok I’ll help you get this sorted. 

Open settings on the device.

Click WiFi and find your WiFi router name and click it.  You’ll need to enter your WiFi password to get WiFi access. 

39 REPLIES 39
by TOPPERK Investigator
Investigator

IS THERE NO HELP FROM TECH AT EE??

LOOKING FOR HELP WITH IPHONE 8 CANT GET INTERNET NO MATTER WHAT I DO HELP WELCOMED OR THEY CAN FOXTROT OSCAR WITH PHONE ITS NOT EVEN A WEEK OLD YET

by TOPPERK Investigator
Investigator

APPLE 8 PLUS

NO INTERNET NO MATTER IF WIRELESS OR DATA ??? CAN ANYONE HELP !!!!!! NEWBIE

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: wifi connected - no internet connection EVEN WITH DATA

@TOPPERK: If you are connected to WiFi you won't be using mobile data nor even EE. If you can't get the Net over WiFi that's an issue with the WiFi. What WiFi you trying to use? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by TOPPERK Investigator
Investigator

Re: wifi connected - no internet connection EVEN WITH DATA

ITS VIRGIN WIFI IM GETTING 60 MEG ON PC NOTHING ON PHONE THEN SWITCH TO DATA THAT GETS NOTHING EITHER

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: IS THERE NO HELP FROM TECH AT EE??

@TOPPERK  Is cellular data enabled? Have you allowed the apps to use cellular data ?  Is Wi-Fi enabled ? Have you put your WiFi password on the device? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@TOPPERK    Ok I’ll help you get this sorted. 

Open settings on the device.

Click WiFi and find your WiFi router name and click it.  You’ll need to enter your WiFi password to get WiFi access. 

by TOPPERK Investigator
Investigator

YES TO ALL ABOVE , I HOPE NOT SIGN OF FUTURE ALL FINE TILL YESTERDAY

by TOPPERK Investigator
Investigator

ITS BEEN FINE UNTIL YESTERDAY NOW NADA EVEN DONE FORGET AND REDONE NOTHING

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TOPPERK   Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Setting.    The device will shut doesn’t then restart on its own.   You’ll need to put your WiFi password back on the device after this.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There's no need to shout. It's rude and against Community rules. So is swearing. Did you read them before posting? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by TOPPERK Investigator
Investigator

ARE YOU FOR REAL WHERE DO I SWEAR AND HOW DO YOU SHOUT TYPING IM 50 YRS OLD BUD JUST TRYING TO GET HELP NOT ARGUE DONT REPLY THEN PC BRIGADE

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TOPPERK   THIS IS SHOUTING 

this is not shouting.  

And can can you please do what I’ve asked you to do.  

by TOPPERK Investigator
Investigator

THINK YOU WILL FIND I WROTE IN PHONETIC YOU ARE JOKING EH??

by TOPPERK Investigator
Investigator

JESUS  are you being serious ?? can you please tell me if i get help from ee on weekdays then please 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

All in CAPITALS is shouting. You have a Shift key; use it. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TOPPERK  I’m trying to help you if you’ll like that help then please read THIS first.  

I’ll help you if you want that help.  

by TOPPERK Investigator
Investigator

as i said bud ive done all that forget then re join etc

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TOPPERK   I’ve not asked you to forget any Wi-Fi password I’ve asked you to go to settings/General/reset/reset network settings on the device.   

by TOPPERK Investigator
Investigator

can you imagine that knowledge is power if you dont do it then you wont get knowledge i dont spend my life glued online and i realy wasnt looking to argue i was only asking for help im old for this and didnt know that caps lock is shouting imagine a human getting it wrong i might grow up to be like you one day good evening sir have a nice

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.