by pissedoff50 Investigator
Investigator

why is it i pay ee for a service they cant provide in my area

every month ee fail to provide cover for data and even a basic signal to send a text. prime example is this week with a wee bit of wind and no coverage at all or so patchy i might as well shout out the window

14 REPLIES 14
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: why is it i pay ee for a service they cant provide in my area

Hello @pissedoff50 what does the coverage checker say about your area:

https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/mobile-coverage

Is there any issues at the moment? You can check using the Network Status Checker here:

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

🙂

Investigator

after being with vodafone for years  because they had best call coverage where i live i upgraded my account to receive data after six months of paying for internet data voda**bleep** had no option but to tell me they could hardly supply2g where i live and not the 3g i was paying for. checked ee coverage for my area and it was far superior but since i've had my account with ee theres not been a month where they can supply me with internet data as signal comes and goes so much and if theres even a bit of wind i cant make calls or send texts. not much use when your a carer for your elderly parents both in 80s

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@pissedoff50  It sounds like you live in a very remote location.  And the coverage checker is a guide not a  guarantee of signal and it states this on the checker.  

Its aways best to test any signal with a different network with a payg SIM card first.   And any connection of any type is not a guarantee and it’s not part of any contract to say you’ll get this connection type over another. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community @pissedoff50

Have you looked at the network status checker @tm90 kindly linked you to?

Does it show any problems in your area?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@pissedoff50 wrote:

after being with vodafone for years  because they had best call coverage where i live i upgraded my account to receive data after six months of paying for internet data voda**bleep** had no option but to tell me they could hardly supply2g where i live and not the 3g i was paying for. checked ee coverage for my area and it was far superior but since i've had my account with ee theres not been a month where they can supply me with internet data as signal comes and goes so much and if theres even a bit of wind i cant make calls or send texts. not much use when your a carer for your elderly parents both in 80s

@pissedoff50

Can your device not connect to EE VOWIFI service?

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

been in touch with ee before and they come out with same pish voda**bleep** used we are currently upgrading your mast, what for a **bleep**ing year

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

As a customer to customer self help community there is very little in fact nothing we can do about this.

If you are not happy with your service you can make a formal complaint to EE:

http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/ways-to-complain

After 8 weeks if the complaint has not been resolved you may be able to take it further to the ombudsmen:

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/communications

This is the best and only advice we can give you on this issue.

🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@pissedoff50, Please watch your language, thank you! If you are in a remote area, then signal may not be as good as you would have hoped, and it can depend on surrounding areas, such as buildings and trees. There are bound to be some black spots unfortunately, whether in a building or outside, and EE cannot be responsible for the signal in your home.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pissedoff50,

If you can provide me with your postcode I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

OP is not swearing at or being abusive towards anyone.

I think letting off a little steam is acceptable and I fear scorning over language will only cause more frustration.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner wrote:

@pissedoff50 wrote:

@pissedoff50

Can your device not connect to EE VOWIFI service?

Thanks 

Well can you use EE VOWIFI?

@tm90 there is no need for any swearing regardless. If the OP just wants to complain then EE has a process for this. Also their username is unacceptable and not clever.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

They have been censored and it is quite obvious that telling someone to stop swearing when they are frustrated only exaggerates the situation. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@tm90 It doesn’t matter if it’s been censored it’s against the forum guidelines and being upset about something doesn’t justify the use of colourful words.  

When things go wrong

Spirited debates and discussion are welcome - unnecessary rudeness or disrespect isn’t.

If something makes you upset or angry, walk away from the computer for a bit so you can continue the discussion later, in a more composed state.

Avoid posting hostile and insulting comments.

Keep your comments clean and avoid swearing.

Ridiculing sexuality, gender, religion, race, nationality, political values, physical or mental abilities, social status, etc., will not be tolerated.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.