by HelzBelz1982
Explorer

why has my data run out when I've only just upgraded my plan?

I upgraded my phone and plan this week (8th August) and have been unable to use facebook or instagram unless I'm on wifi. I've now had a message today saying I have run out of data but my plan covers me for 60GB and when I checked my online account I have 56GB left to use. 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: why has my data run out when I've only just upgraded my plan?

Could it be your Switching Content Lock OFF or ON ? It is switched on on new & upgraded contracts & seems to affect social sites.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by HelzBelz1982
Explorer

No the content lock is off. Up until today I could use the internet and whatsapp etc but today I seem to have no data left at all. 

by
EE Community Team

Hi @HelzBelz1982,

Welcome to the community 🙂

When you check your My EE account for your remaining data, does it show you on your new plan?

When you upgrade, your plan usually starts on your next billing data. The date your data will next refresh.

Where you can see you still have 58GB left, does it say how many 'days left' that you have to use this?

Are you able to access other apps and use your phone for browsing on the internet?

Alex 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.