by texwi
Explorer

some apps not working on laptop (EE data sim)

Hi,

I have EE data sim 32g plan for my lenovo laptop.

Some apps does not work due to ports being blocked, simple example: Spotify (but this is just one of them).

Anybody experiencing the same? Found a way to by pass this? Is there any proxy I need to configure?

Regards,

tex

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: some apps not working on laptop (EE data sim)

Hi @texwi

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting 🙂

This may be worth checking your Firewall and Anti-virus settings to see if this is having an impact.

I would check to see if there are any blocks on specific ports and allow access that way if you can.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by texwi
Explorer

Hi Richard_C

Thank you for reply.

It's not an issue with antivirus software as all apps work when connected to WiFi.

I work in IT. I'm pretty sure on my end everything was done.

There is also a bit problem in obtaining full connection (getting ip address). My Lenovo mobile connect blinks all the time on getting ip address and never stops but connection is extablished asap regardless this.

I was wondering if there is any set up I need to configure on my end when using data sim or it should work just as poping it up into laptop and get connected?

Does EE block any ports for sim data users?

Regards,

texwi

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @texwi

Thank you for coming back to me 🙂

I would advise to have a chat with our Technical team if you have time.

When you select the EE drop down, there is an option for an online chat with an advisor as well.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, Port 25 SMTP, but that won't be affecting you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.