by snowfl8ke Investigator
Investigator

"Your phone number is not recognised by Orange."

Hello,

I have had an Orange number for years and got a new sim card last year from EE (had to change the size) and the number got transferred.

I have tried to log into my account today (haven't logged into it since last year) and cannot. "Your phone number is not recognised by Orange." The sim card isn't picking up any signal either (I am located in Australia).

Has my sim card been deactivated? Can I get my number back? I am returning to the UK in a few months and would like the same number!

TIA for your help

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: "Your phone number is not recognised by Orange."

Hello @snowfl8ke you will need to log in/register through MYEE online instead of Orange online now since the number has been migrated over. Here is the link for EE online accounts instead. :):

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/login-dispatch/

Investigator

Hi @Profile closed,

I tried but got the same message: "We don't recognise this number, please try again."

😞

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @snowfl8ke thank you for confirming. Can you remember when you last used the SIM? EE PAYG SIMs are disconnected if they are not used or topped up within 6months. Here is a link containing more information on the EE PAYG hibernation process:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Pay-as-you-go-Hibernation-Information-on-EE/td-p/392179

If you would like to query the status of your SIM please call customer service on +447953 966 250 using options 2, 4 if the system does not recognise your number when you enter it over the phone either who can look into this for you. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@snowfl8ke   Is this a payg SIM card ?   If it is when did you last use it ?   PAYG SIM card go in to a hibernation period if not used for 90 days you've got a further 90 days to call customer services to get it reactivated.  If it's not reactivated after the second 90 days then the Sim card is fully deactivated and the number with it is gone and you cannot get this back. 

Investigator

@Chris_B@Profile closed

That'll be the problem... I haven't used it since April 2016 (yes it's a PAYG). I usually think of using it now and then to make sure it doesn't get deactivated but I completely forgot this time.

I'll contact customer service to see if it's too late to keep my number.

Thanks for your help!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@snowfl8ke    You'll be very lucky in fact extremely lucky to get your number back. I've never known it to happen.  Sorry 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions