by dyls Investigator
Investigator

port forwarding on data only sim on tp link mr6400 router

Tricky one here, 4G data only SIM, TP Link MR6400 Router, none of my smart devices can connect. Done LOTS of research of both router and EE forums, and it looks to be pointing towards IPV4 cannot be port forwarded due to it being a shared resource. Tried changing the APN to IPV6 it did advise connected on the router but its not really because a ping test on the router to google failed. IPV6 Settings were being pulled down though.

Really hoping someone else is having this issue and can advise. So in a nutshell devices like ARLO, NEST, HUE are all having issues connecting to their outside world services and refuse to work because of some issue with EE being on IPV4 and the port forwarding not working, tried literally everything to resolve but cant establish if the issue is EE or Router, and guess what I dont have another provider SIM to try or another £100 router. HELP! 🙂 Thanks.

PS i did raise this with TP-LINK they as yet dont have a clue, so hence why i am now coming down the ISP route. 

9 REPLIES 9
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: port forwarding on data only sim on tp link mr6400 router

Hello @dyls all EE PAYG and older pay monthly accounts are still IPv4. Some newer EE accounts are IPv6 enabled but you would have to speak to EE about getting one of these. The IPv6 settings will not work with an IPv4 only line but an IPv6 line will support both. 🙂

by dyls Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the helpful response, as i suspected, so have contacted EE for a replacement SIM which i will activate and hopefully it will be on a "new" network. Will update this post with results soon. Cheers. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @dyls and welcome back to the Community.

Please do let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by dyls Investigator
Investigator

So I have contacted EE and they sent me a new SIM, the did not possess the technical knowledge to understand me when i explained the issue and said the best they can do is SIM swap onto a new SIM. Following this my issues still exist unfortunately. Router still connecting to IPV4 on EE.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dyls

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

Have you had a conversation with a member of our Technical team at all?

They are available via live chat if your a pay monthly personal customer as well.

Let me know how you get on.

Have a great bank holiday 

Richard

🙂

by dyls Investigator
Investigator

I have just recieved a BETA firmware for my TP-LINK 3G/4G MR6400 Router and quite frankly at this stage i was sceptical that it would work... BUT ... It has worked! I can hardly contain my excitement!!

All my smart devices have now reconnected, ARLO is showing me the magic green light, Nest sense is giving me a key to connect and well i am just going to assume that my Philips HUE is working at this stage.... 

I cant believe it ... This thread has to help people. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @dyls.

Thank you for coming back and letting us know.

I am sure this thread will help others too 🙂

by JayneL
Visitor

Hi

i am having exactly the same problem with this router and my Nest thermostat. Please can you tell me how I get a beta firmware update. 

Many thanks

Jayne

by
EE Employee

Hi @JayneL and welcome to the community.

You may want to pop over to the TP-Link support pages as they may be able to assist there.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.