by Brido_2
Explorer

orange network HUAWEI router

Hi there can you tell me does the orange network HUAWEI router have a true external IP number. So then i can forward the ports as normal in both routers and use the radio control part of radio to connect over the internet from my home to connect to the Orange network at radio side located in the hills with no internet at the Radio site.

Many Thanks

-

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: orange network HUAWEI router

Hi,

@XRaySpeX is our expert in this area but I would suspect you will have a dynamic external IP address and if you want something more permanent you will need to use the service of a third party no ip service, as then your IP will be the same albeit routed via your no ip service.

Not sure if this helps or not.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Brido_2
Explorer

I have been told for this to be done I would need to get the provider for a "true" external IP number. That then I can then forward the ports as normal in router and use this at the radio side over the internet like link below.

http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=452

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Brido_2

I am going to tag @XRaySpeX in this to see if this is the answer.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It doesn't!. EE mobile networks use Carrier Grade Nat (CGNAT), which means that you don't get your own IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.