by Yellergixer Investigator
Investigator

new phone shows 4g signal but unable to access the internet

I just bought an iphone 8 for my daughter and it’s showing a 4g signal but she is unable to connect. Also while I’m here, the new phone is on EE as was her old one, what do I need to do for her to keep the same number 

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: new phone shows 4g signal but unable to access the internet

@Yellergixer, Were you able to put her SIM card in that she already had or did you put a new one in?

Either way it should work and she will not lose her number. I have used the same SIM card for my phone as it is a nano sim, you do not need to use a new one, it should work, she will keep the same number.

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: new phone shows 4g signal but unable to access the internet

Hi @Yellergixer

Welcome back to the community.

Is there definitely data on the new SIM?

You can check this in your My EE Account.

Also, is mobile data active on the phone?

Jon

Investigator

Still no data on new phone

Here we go.... I tried to get the data turned on on my daughters new phone. I did a thread about this earlier in the week. It was nearly sorted by EE porting her old number onto the new sim. It worked for just about a day then the number reverted to the new sims number and data went off again. I recontacted EE via the chat (as I'm working abroad in Sauda Arabia) and he said he'd seen an error in the porting and he would get it corrected, which he said would take less than 24hrs and he would phone her to ensure all was working well. Suprise suprise, it did not work and (probably as its Friday) he did not phone. EE are impossible to phone on a Friday (I waited in a B*****Y queue for 9 1/2 minutes before I applied for another mortgage to pay for the call) Is there any other way of getting in contact with the useless EE people without advertising how rubbish the service has been this week all over this page. I take it my daughter will be without her phone all weekend now

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Still no data on new phone

Hi @Yellergixer,

If you log in to My EE you can chat with customer services online.

They'll be happy to help.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Yes I have tried a few times, that's how I got that far, but because it's Friday /Saturday the chat box is no longer there and after 10 minutes waiting in a phone queue, phoning from Saudi Arabia I had to hang up. They would certainly have needed to be friendly by then anyway Andy

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Yellergixer Where did you get this iPhone 8 from ?  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.