by ceckykeith Investigator
Investigator

mobile internet setup on windows 7 external modem

Hi, I am trying to setup a data connection on a windows 7 pc with an external modem thats on a forest machine but struggling to find any info, i cant use a dongle as we need to use the antenna for better signal. Vodafone uses just a dial number *99***1# but EE i cant get it connect at all.

5 REPLIES 5
Investigator

Re: mobile internet setup on windows 7 external modem

hi it's a centerion ehx modem running on Windows 7

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, but where's EE come into this? Which bit of kit is EE's & which model is it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Its an EE sim card for a data connection, i dont know if EE have a specific setting for the dial in string like vodafone has *99***1# and uses no user and password, you can find this on vodafone's website but cant find anything on EE's....

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @ceckykeith

What kind of equipment is the device you are trying to use?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm unclear as to what you are asking & you seem to be asking in terms of Voda terminology, which is foreign at least to me. What is a "forest" machine? What is a "dial-in string"?

Is this Centurion really just a modem or is it a router as well? How's it connected to the PC?

Any network connection parameters are usually to be found in the MBB device being used itself & not in the SIM. This being a non-EE device I wouldn't be able to say what they are.

However I'm just guessing that the "dial-in string" is an Access Point Name (APN). EE APN values can be found in EE APN settings: Where to find them . Just ignore the OSs but look at the values.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.