by Dan19 Investigator
Investigator

mobile data

Hello my name is Dan and i want to report a problem with the 4G mobile data . So i would turn on my data and it would say 4G on the top left on my Iphone 7 but if i go on any social media it would say no connection and if i go on safari/google chrome it would say no internet connection . I would reset my network setting , take out the sim card and the mobile data would still not work . My Mobile data Current period says 1.5 MB and current period roaming 0 bytes , i would also put my mobile data on roaming on is this the problem . I NEED HELP 

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: mobile data

If you're in the UK, you're not roaming.

1.5 MB is not much to play with. You'd soon use it up at most sites.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Dan19 Investigator
Investigator

So what should i do . So do you think i should enable roaming on , on the mobile data options . For some of my apps I made the green toggle to a gray one . I need help 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, that's my point. You are not roaming, so activating it is pointless.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Dan19 Investigator
Investigator

Then what should I do 

by Dan19 Investigator
Investigator

Can I hve instructions then 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, I've no idea on your problem. Just pointing out that roaming is irrelevant when you are in UK.

by Dan19 Investigator
Investigator

So should enable roaming on or off on the mobile data option on the iPhone 

by Dan19 Investigator
Investigator

So i would turn on my data and it would say 4G on the top left on my Iphone 7 but if i go on any social media it would say no connection and if i go on safari/google chrome it would say no internet connection . I would reset my network setting , take out the sim card and the mobile data would still not work . My Mobile data Current period says 1.5 MB and current period roaming 0 bytes , i would also put my mobile data on roaming on  this the problem . Can you send instructions

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dan19  All toggles should be geeen to use mobile data.   You don’t need to toggle on data roaming when in the UK. 

In settings>mobile data>mobile data options>enable 4G>Select VOICE AND DATA. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Dan19 and welcome to the community.

Has the information given above helped with your issue?

If you are still having issues you would need to speak to our technical team.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions