by linz1987 Investigator
Investigator

mis-sold a contract

Mis- sold a contract that I was told was suited to my needs. I am now so low on data I can barely use my phone. I specifially told the advisor that use the internet a lot but decided to take advantage of me as I know nothing about phones and data usage simply so he could get a sale. I only just got this contract in December!! any advice?? 

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: mis-sold a contract

@linz1987   Call customer services and request to go on a higher tariff to get more data.  This will cost you more as it's more data.  This has not been mis sold if anything you got a lower tariff from the start so this would of cost you less and you never know it might of been enough data.   The person who did this did you a favour as you might of been on a tariff that was actually costing you more than you needed.    With EE you can not lower your tariff.  

by linz1987 Investigator
Investigator

I dont want to sound horrible but I feel your comment is very rude. I made my specific requests before purchasing. I was paying very little for my last contract and now im paying over double! I hardly feel that he was doing me a favour. 

I now find myself without data for the next 7 days. I refuse to pay more for more data. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Sorry, but if you need more data, then you have to pay more. It also depends what you are doing to use a lot of data. Most people use the Internet rather than a lot of data,, as it is cheaper to do so. You should have done an online search and found out how quickly data gets used up.

I do not see how you can say that @Chris_B was rude, he was just replying to your problem.

Are you doing a lot of streaming? That will use a lot of data. How much data have you got per month? How much are you paying per month?

If there is free wifi somewhere where you go, then you can use that and it will not cost you anything.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@linz1987   Can you please tell me what device have you got and what tariff your on.  

by linz1987 Investigator
Investigator

I have an iphone SE and not quite sure what you mean by tariff but im paying £40.99 per month and I have 25GB of data. I told the advisor that I use A LOT of youtube and Instragram and that my knowledge of phones is basically nothing. He  looked at my data records when I was on an unlimited contract and I was advise that the data I was using was between 10-16GB. 

by linz1987 Investigator
Investigator

I specifically said that I used Youtube and Instagram A LOT when renewing my contract and therefore I should have been told that 25GB is simply not enough. Having come off an unlimited data contract I feel that the advisor just should have been more truthful to me. He knew that I didnt know what GB meant regarding data. He also stated that since I used no more than 10-16GB of data in my last contract there was no way that I would have to purchase more data. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@linz1987   If you only used 10 to 16 gig per month on your last contract then 25 gig should cover you no problem.     Is your device using apps in the background ?    If it is then these will use data even when you're not using the device.  

Just to add if your watching in HD then you will use a lot of data.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @linz1987,

Welcome to the EE Community.

25GB is a very large data allowance and is way above the national mobile data usage average.

As @Chris_B said, streaming in HD will use data at a very fast rate.

When using YouTube and other streaming Apps, you can reduce the video quality in your settings to lower your data consumption.

Please take a look at our data usage guide for more information.

Hope this helps.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by linz1987 Investigator
Investigator

hey. Sorry im not very savvy with technology so im not understanding what you mean by the background app? 

by linz1987 Investigator
Investigator

Re: iOS9 WiFi assist - How to save your EE data

hey. Sorry please ignore  my last post. All the background apps were switched on. I actually spoke to an advisor again today although he never mentioned this. Thanks. Hopefully my data usage will come down. Annoyed that the in store advisors werent more helpful. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@linz1987  On your device you can allow apps that keep up-to-date so the moment you open them are up to date.   The only problem with this is that it will always use data because it has to update.   This is called BACKIAPP REFRESH. 

Go to Settings>General> Background app refresh.    Any app that is toggled on i.e. green is going to update in the background whether you are using the device or not.  ( only if the device is on ) 

See my last post and click the green THIS 

by ukperson Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: iOS9 WiFi assist - How to save your EE data

25GB is a lot of data for most people if you was using between, 10-15GB before changing networks would not changed that unless you streamed more video (background data unlikely to be the cause of any issues witch i find amusing posts, unless the iPhones usage page from last reset says otherwise) more then likely EE 4G network in your area is faster then 3 and your just using it more (the adviser can only go off your past usage if you use more its not there fault)

in the youtube app (google) there is a option that you can tick to stream HD only on wifi (its off by default) this will prevent HD streaming when on mobile data, as your phone has the capability to stream in 1080p and if your on 4G and phone is in landscape mode it uses highest quality and large amount of data (how it works on Android)

also make sure Wifi Assist is turned off 

there is a app call DataMan Pro (£4.49) that works very well at logging per month data usage (or manually reset the phones data usage page every data reset date so you can see what is using data in that month)

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.