by Beakerchu Investigator
Investigator

internet issues on mobile data

I frequently use a website called nicehash.com for mining however it will not load anymore using mobile data but is fine on WiFi? Just says server not found? Any ideas ?

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: internet issues on mobile data

Try another browser.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I have tried 2 other browsers already. Works fine when I’m using WiFi, also worked fine on my old vodafone contract but seems ee are blocking the site

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Beakerchu.

Welcome to the community 🙂

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?

What device are you using?

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Jon

Investigator

Hi it’s an iPhone 8

ive tried clearing cache and cookies, disabling 4g and resetting the network settings but it’s still not working 

by

Thanks for confirming @Beakerchu.

Do you get a message about content lock when trying to get onto the website, or does it just not load?

Jon

Investigator

No content lock is off just says server cannot be found on safari and webpage can’t be displayed on other browsers. Switch WiFi on and it loads straight up. 

by

Thanks @Beakerchu.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me 🙂

Jon

by chrisjamesgunn Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello. I’m another user who uses this website and have the same reported problems.

by

Hello there @chrisjamesgunn

Thanks for coming back to the community.

How long have you been having this problem?

Can you access the site on WiFi?

Leanne 🙂

Investigator

There is no way around it with EE as they deem the website unsafe 🙁 I’ve got around it by using a vpn 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE deem the site unsafe in their DNS (based on info from the IWF). You probably can't change the DNS used by your mobile, but if you were using a PC tethered to it you could change it in the PC to Norton DNS: 198.153.192.40 & 198.153.194.40.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.