by Bitsketchy Contributor
Contributor

iPhone X, EE Wifi Calling, Sky Q - dropping connections

Hi, any help would be gratefully received. 

I have sky Q with one main box and two mini boxes. I try and use WiFi calling on my iPhone X but it keeps dropping calls as soon as I move. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: iPhone X, EE Wifi Calling, Sky Q - dropping connections

I use the Sky Q router (ER110) here with my Sky Fibre broadband connection and I don't have any issue here with WiFi calling using an iPhone X (or any other iPhone), although as I still only have Sky HD+ TV boxes here, I've split the WiFi on the Sky Q router so that 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are separate by un-checking the 'Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings' in the router settings.

I believe seperating the WiFi does cause issues with the Sky Q TV boxes though if the main box is linked to the mini boxes using WiFi.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bitsketchy

Do you have any problems with WiFi calling when using a different WiFi connection?

Chris

by neilybealy Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've got exacly the same issue with my sky q and sky q mini devices. been having problems for 18 months. despite sky trying to resolve they can't see what the issue is. They simply do not pass through the wifi connection between hotspots

i installed bt wholehome wifi as they were on offer 2 weeks ago. works like a charm. tested within 5 mins of installing and i had a wifi call on my mobile walking round the house. With the sky q equipment the call would drop as soon as you walked around

by neilybealy Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Profile closed wrote:

I use the Sky Q router (ER110) here with my Sky Fibre broadband connection and I don't have any issue here with WiFi calling using an iPhone X (or any other iPhone), although as I still only have Sky HD+ TV boxes here, I've split the WiFi on the Sky Q router so that 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are separate by un-checking the 'Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings' in the router settings.

I believe seperating the WiFi does cause issues with the Sky Q TV boxes though if the main box is linked to the mini boxes using WiFi.

this isn't the issue and i've been told by sky and others do not split the networks. the issue is if you have sky broadband the sky q mini devices become wifi hotspots but they do not work as they should do and pass through wireless connections for mobile devices connected to the single SSID

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.