by zoomy
Explorer

how do I top up my mobile broadband when I still have some data left?

can anyone tell me how I can top up my mobile broadband whilst I still have some MBs left? on the Buy Now screen it wont let me buy a short-term add on as it says I have 187MB left, but from previous experience if I wait until it runs out you can't then go online using the mobile broadband to buy more data as I have no data left, so I have to tether my Tesco mobile phone to the PC in order to buy a top up. It seems a crazy catch 22 system EE have so wondering if I am missing the obvious and someone on here can help me top up whilst I still have some data left to avoid me having to mess around tethering mobile phones and/or is quite often the case having to phone their call centre.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: how do I top up my mobile broadband when I still have some data left?

You don't need to have any data left in order to go online to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase to buy more data. It's all done entirely within the EE network w/out having to go on the wider Net.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by zoomy
Explorer

Thats what I am unable to ever do, when commonsense says that's what should happen. When my data runs out it won't let you buy more data because when you click the Buy Data button the screen just sits there and doesn't do anything, eventually coming up with the "no internet connection" fail message - unless you have access to the internet by tethering a mobile phone and then it takes you to Buy Data screen straight away and lets you buy a temporary add-on.

I run windows 7 - do you think it's a windows thing?? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.