by pauljb1 Investigator
Investigator

ee settings for d link 4g router

Not sure what location to have this topic. 

I recently purchased a D-link DWR-118 router in order to combine my ADSL and 4G connection. The router takes a ZTE MF823 4G dongle to provide the 4G. The dongle when connected to my mac works perfectly with all settings on auto. Once I connect it to my router it will not connect to the EE network. Under profiles there is nothing for ee just the old T mobile and orange as well as the other networks such as o2, vodafone and three. If have tried a few manual settings but nothing has work. Can anyone advise if I can use my ee data sim in a router like this (Do I have to active the sim for use in this device). Or anyone provide me with help on the particular setttings required to get this sim to connect.

Thanks

Paul

10 REPLIES 10
by
EE Community Team

Re: ee settings for d link 4g router

Hi @pauljb1,

Welcome to the community 🙂

As long as the sim card is active, it will connect to the network.

Have you spoken to our home broadband team to check that your account settings and the device you are using it in are compatible?

Alex

by pauljb1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Alex_S

no I haven’t. Do I contact them online? I couldn’t see where to contact EE about such a query. Can you point me in the right direction?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

If you can create a new profile, details of EE’s APN Settings can be found here.

by
EE Community Team

Hi @pauljb1,

If you are using an EE Mobile, you can call 150. If not, you can call 0800 079 8586 from any other mobile or landline 🙂

Please come back and let me know how you get on

Alex

by pauljb1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

I have tried all the EE APN settings to no avail.

It does ask for other things such as dialed number, pin and DNS primary and secondary. 

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/977114/D-Link-Dwr-118.html?page=19#manual

See the setup here.

by pauljb1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi All,

Just wanting to come back to you. Thanks for the support so far. I have managed to progress a little. I have now got the usb dongle working. However my questions relate to the settings.

If I set it in auto mode it does pick up ee signal but the APN settings default to t-mobile. Also I notice it uses IPv4. 

I can manually force it to use EE APN with everywhere and can set it in either IPv4 or IPv6 (You cant have it doing both at once for some reason).

Can you advise if it is ok to leave in auto and use t-mobile settings? Will it make a difference to the speed or anything else? Or should I force it to EE? ALso what is better IPv4 or 6?

THanks

Paul

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @pauljb1

The SIM card you have is this T-Mobile or EE?

T-Mobile will not pick up 4G where as an EE SIM card in a 4G area will connect to 4G.

Thanks, Leanne.

by pauljb1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Leanne_T.

The sim card is an EE simcard.

It does appear to connect to EE 4g with t-mobile APN settings. In fact the usb modem when set to auto, automatically detects and uses these things. I have to mannually force it to use the EE APN settings. 

Are you saying the service will be limited if I leave it on auto where it works under t-mobile settings and that I should force it to ee settings? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @pauljb1

If it is working ok for you on auto then it shouldn't need changed.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.