by Pagemakers Established Contributor
Established Contributor

eSim - Are there 2 types with EE?

When I get my eSim from a store it came in yellow packaging with “A big welcome from EE” on the front. I successfully activated and transferred my existing EE number to the eSim. 

However, I’ve seen other packaging that says “Your replacement eSim” on the front. 

What is the difference?  If my sim is meant for new users I still managed to easily transfer my Nano to eSim using the EE sim-swap website. 

Why the 2 different packagings?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: eSim - Are there 2 types with EE?

Hello @PagemakersSmiley Happy

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community today. Smiley Happy

There is only one type of eSIM for the iPhone and the packaging will depend on when you've joined EE.

The packaging that states "A big welcome from EE" is suppose to be for new customers who sign up in store and the packaging that states "Your replacement eSIM" is for existing customers. It doesn't matter which you are given as there is no difference.

I hope this helps. Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Hello @PagemakersSmiley Happy

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community today. Smiley Happy

There is only one type of eSIM for the iPhone and the packaging will depend on when you've joined EE.

The packaging that states "A big welcome from EE" is suppose to be for new customers who sign up in store and the packaging that states "Your replacement eSIM" is for existing customers. It doesn't matter which you are given as there is no difference.

I hope this helps. Smiley Happy

by Pagemakers Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It does help. Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions