by emmacorker
Explorer

data

Hi

Can anyone help me - my data reset on 29th July, i've checked online and i have currently 1.9GB remaining. Since yesterday when i'm not on wifi my imessage, data, emails etc won't work.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? All is fine when i'm home and on wifi. I assumed i had no data left, but having checked I see thats not the issue afterall....

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: data

Hi @emmacorker

Firstly, have you tried turning it off and on again? Have you got mobile data turned on?

What device do you have? Does it say you have signal? I assume calls and SMS are working ok?

What happens when you try and go to a web site? Does it give any error message?

by emmacorker
Explorer

Hi

Yep tried turning on and off and mobile data is on.  I'm using iPhone 6.  When trying to send a message it tells me "imessage needs to be switched on" i went to settings and was on, i've turned the setting off and it won't allow me to turn it back on now... "turn on mobile data or use wifi to set up". Mobile data is on, roaming is off - but this has only been a problem sine yesterday - no settings have been changed.

Calls and SMS are ok - i have 2 bars of signal and 4G at the moment.

Website  - "Safari cannot open the page becuase your iphone is not connected to the internet"

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Try turning off 4G - Settings / Mobile Data / Mobile Data Options / Voice and Data / 3G

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @emmacorker

Please do try a network reset to see if this assists:

1. From the home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Scroll down to, then tap General.
  3. Scroll down to, then tap Reset.
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings.
  5. Tap Reset Network Settings to confirm.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions