Highlighted
by domshirt
Explorer

data sim

I have a data sim in a mifi device. Ive not used it for a while but now when i try and use it just takes me to the mifi  router page and not EE top up page. It says its not connected but still says EE.

I topped up using the mobile number of the sim and EE  has taken my money but still not working.

Im worried its been deactivated ? Have I lost my money?

I tried to call EE but in hold fo 30 mins so gave up.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: data sim

Good Morning @domshirt

Thanks for coming to the community :).

I can see you have been provided some great advise so far. 

You should now have a private message from myself for further details. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @domshirt 

how long is it since you’ve used the sim? 

Also, if phone lines are busy, the online chat feature can sometimes prove a little easier to get through to somebody . 

by domshirt
Explorer

Probably about 9 months . It won’t let me register it on My EE

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@domshirt 

Ahh, if I remember correctly, it’s deactivated after 6 months but you get another 3 months to call EE to re activate it.   I’d definitely stay on the line to speak with them to see if they can do this, but if not I’m sure they can sort any refund for top up you’ve made. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then there's a good chance you've lost it & any credit completely. EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Good Morning @domshirt

Thanks for coming to the community :).

I can see you have been provided some great advise so far. 

You should now have a private message from myself for further details. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.