by lizzyo60 Investigator
Investigator

data problem

my daughter gets 4G which renewed saturday but today got a txt saying she'd used 80% when i checked online it said shes used 80% of 1G!!! this happens so often with EE they never give her the right amount of data

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: data problem

Hello @lizzyo60 sorry to hear your daughter is having problems with her data allowance. When it is next due to refresh ask her to reset her data counter so she can clock it against that over the next few days/month and find out the results. The counter contained in most smartphones today is usually quite accurate and should also tell you when it was last reset. 

Due to this being a public user forum access to accounts is not allowed to check this through here, for account, allowance and billing queries please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can look into this for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

7 REPLIES 7
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @lizzyo60 sorry to hear your daughter is having problems with her data allowance. When it is next due to refresh ask her to reset her data counter so she can clock it against that over the next few days/month and find out the results. The counter contained in most smartphones today is usually quite accurate and should also tell you when it was last reset. 

Due to this being a public user forum access to accounts is not allowed to check this through here, for account, allowance and billing queries please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can look into this for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

by lizzyo60 Investigator
Investigator

The problem is also that it says she has used 80% of her 1G but I pay for 4G

Sent from my iPad
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @lizzyo60 were you able to discuss this with customer service or Live Chat? They can look into why it is cutting off at 1gb instead of 4gb if that is what her data allowance is set to. Your daughter can check her allowances at any time by either texting the code AL to 150, logging in to MYEE either online or through the app or for data allowances using this link from the phones data (not WiFi) connection. :):

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

by lizzyo60 Investigator
Investigator

It was late last night as live chat was unavailable so I'm ringing this morning
by
EE Employee

Good Morning @lizzyo60

What plan is your daughter on?

We don't do any 4GB plans at the moment.

4G is the network capability not the amount of data her plan has.

What sort of things does your daughter use her phone for?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by lizzyo60 Investigator
Investigator

Spoke to the helpline, very helpful indeed. Its a 4g plan but she'd bought an add-on last week and the amount she had used was the end of the add-on, when she reaches 100% usage she has to turn the phone off then when she puts it back on the new months data will activate
by
EE Employee

That's great @lizzyo60

Happy to hear it's all resolved!

Thanks for popping back to let us know.

Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.