by MillieMoo99 Investigator
Investigator

data allowance of 2GB used up

I am confused. I rec'd some warnings that my 2GB allowance was used up (cleaner switched off wifi from mains!). So I won't have any data until end of this month. However, online, it says I have used 2.2GB of 4GB allowance (to use til 4th Feb). Which is correct? I def can't use internet outside.

7 REPLIES 7
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: data allowance of 2GB used up

If you only got a 2GB plan then you have used it up.

It could be an error on the MyEE

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

Thanks. Is there  a way of adding more data?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@MillieMoo99: Are you on contract or PAYG?

If on PAYG is it possible that you have 2GB of Boosts (of which you've used 0.2 GB) & the warning is only about having used up all your normal pack allowance of 2 GB? I believe such warnings ignore any Boosts.

What does texting AL to 150 tell you?

What does http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status tell you when not connected to WiFi?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thank you all. I went into the EE store and the guy pointed out that I had my roaming button switched off Smiley Embarassed

Also I have 4GB data but the 2GB were reminders that I was merely near 2GB. Pointless info for me so he changed my settings so I don't get reminders til I get to 4GB

Thank you again. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Why, where are you? You must be in UK to visit an EE store. So you ain't roaming & therefore don't need any roaming button. A likely story!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Why, where are you? You must be in UK to visit an EE store. So you ain't roaming & therefore don't need any roaming button. A likely story!

Data roaming setting on the device.

Has nothing to do with actual roaming.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BrendonH: It does! It's for using data whilst you are actual roaming to avoid additional charges. I have it OFF all the time, yet I manage to use data whilst I'm out & about.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.