by Profile closed
Not applicable

cant delete app on phone had downloaded on my previous phone from google play.

Had dowloaded cheetah mobile cleansmaster on my last phone on google play. Has appeared on my new phone and only giving option to force stop no option to delete it. Not showing on my apps when i go into google play

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: cant delete app on phone had downloaded on my previous phone from google pla

@Profile closed: Try installing it from the Play Store & then uninstalling it from there. That might get it back in sync.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: cant delete app on phone had downloaded on my previous phone from google pla

Tried your suggestion app still there on phone

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Is a Samsung j3 but wasn't prepared installed I downloaded it on my
previous Samsung j3 had to be given a new one due to problems with phone.It
appeared in new one and onlyou gives option to force stop and is nother is
teddy on apps from Google play
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed,

Welcome to the EE Community.

What type of phone are you using? I believe this app was pre-installed on some Samsung models and can't be deleted.

Thanks

James

by Profile closed
Not applicable

A samsung galaxy J3. Had first one replacedgot replacement same make and model. had downloaded app cheetah mobile cleansmaster on first phone.  Has appeared on second phone. Not showing installed on google play or on downloads.  Showing in application manager all applications and can only force stop it

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Samsung uses 360 clean master not cheetah unless they changed since the S8.

Did you download it yourself on the original?

Is this new one supplied a UK model as they may use different ones on different markets.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Yes I downloaded it myself on first phone on Google play when I did a
search . Says in 2nd phone cheetah mobile cleansmaster s.
by

Hi @Profile closed

The Clean Master app is a system app for Samsung phones of the same era as the J3. I believe that means that it can't be deleted.

Chris

by Profile closed
Not applicable

It wasn't on my first phone which was same make and model. I downloaded it
onto the phone. On first phone I had option to disable it. On second phone
no such option and only see it in all applications nowhere else?
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Profile closed

Please read my responses.

It may be that Samsung uses different clean master apps as their device management in different regions.

If you got your phone replaced it is most likely it is from a region that isnt the UK.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Well it has appeared on 2nd phone and again am having problems at times .
Anybody any suggestions
by

Have you tried speaking to Samsung directly, @Profile closed?

Chris

by Profile closed
Not applicable

No I haven't thanks for the suggestion
by

Let us know how you get on @Profile closed

Have a great Friday 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.