by madbrumie Investigator
Investigator

can you set up to gift data every month

I have a few phones on my contract and just upgraded which gave 2 of my phones lots of extra data.

I have already gifted data from 2 phones to another phone but was hoping that I could just set it up so every month when the plan re-starts that the data just gifted without me having to do it on the EE site every month.

Can this be done? if not would EE be looking at maybe setting this up for its customers?

Remember if we need more data then can move it back by logging in, but don't expect this to be needed.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: can you set up to gift data every month

@madbrumie  Data gifting is a service that you can use when someone is running low on data as that was how it was conceived.  This itself might not be needed each month so there is no way to setup a set amount of data per month.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, it can only be gifted manually each month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by madbrumie Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris_B

When talking on the phone to EE when renewing my contracts 1 of the things the EE customer service team said was that keeping our Sim only plan for our son was a good idea as we can gift him more data at the start of every new month. He even offered a ower sim only deal with less data if we wanted as he knew we would never use the extra data that was on the 2 plans we took out, but we stayed with what we had in the Sim only plan.

So the EE customer services was selling the "gift data" as a way to give more data to the sim only plan we have for our son every month.

Which is what we plan on doing and have started doing (I gift 10gb from 2 different phones to his sim only plan) so he now has an extra 20gb of data a month (or every time I remember to do it)

So really it would be a good idea to be able to have a sharing data set up so if 1 runs low or out of data then it can be taken from another plan as long as this was set up on EE before hand, This way we would not have to log in every month to gift data, and only when extra data is needed would it be taken from another plan you have on your account. (So I think anyway)

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @madbrumie

As what @Chris_B said, however I think your point is a good idea tbh, it's your data after all.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions