by Taffyj50
Visitor

bought a huawei e3531dongle registered it with my internet provider, can my par

Can the community help please, just bought a dongle ( mobile broadband ), was wondering could i just plug it into my partners laptop for her to use  to accsess the net, or should we get one each.?

Many thanks in advance

Taffyj50

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Solution

Re: bought a huawei e3531dongle registered it with my internet provider, can my

Hello and welcome to the community. Your partner will be able to use the dongle in her laptop just as you would. It won't be able to detect who owns the device it is connected to.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

4 REPLIES 4
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Solution

Hello and welcome to the community. Your partner will be able to use the dongle in her laptop just as you would. It won't be able to detect who owns the device it is connected to.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

These MBB dongles provide an Internet connection to 1 PC at a time over the mobile network. If you want both your PCs to have a mobile connection you will need to get 2 dongles.

However you mention registering it with your Internet provider. What does that mean? If you already have BB from an ISP why do you need mobile BB? Do you mean when you are away from home? In which case it has nowt to do with your existing ISP.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Taffyj50.

Welcome to the community. 🙂

As mentioned above, you can alternate the dongle between computers if you wish to. 🙂

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Chris

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

As an alternative approach, if the computers have WiFi, you could setup one to be a WiFi hotspot using the dongle as an internet connection and then connect the other to the WiFi hotspot.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions