by alisonmk Investigator
Investigator

ap-prepaidsessio . I know this has been asked about before, but not since 2015

I'd really appreciate some help with this. my daughter has recently had a group of charges on GPRS with this description. This is the second time it has happenben - i spent painful hours on the phone last time so i'm hoping for a resolution here instead. It's an i phone 5.Her mobile data is always off, so the 'use mobile data for:' section is greyed out. And one of them has definitely occurred whilst she was in a swimming pool, so couldn't have been using the phone. Please can anyone tell me how to stop this happening???

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: ap-prepaidsessio . I know this has been asked about before, but not since 20

Hello there @alisonmk,

Thanks for coming here.

Is the account on EE/T-Mobile or Orange?

Also is this pay as you go or contract?

Thanks 🙂

by alisonmk Investigator
Investigator

Re: ap-prepaidsessio . I know this has been asked about before, but not since 20

Hi Leanne,

it's a paygo orange phone atm. However i got through to india this morning and they've told me that switching to EE might be the solution. I still can't understand how GPRS can be used when mobile data is off though?

Alison

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @alisonmk who is using the phone? Could they be turning mobile data on? Have they got WiFi assist turned off by tapping settings>mobile data and scrolling to the bottom?

I use an iPhone on the Orange network daily and have done for years. I have never had a problem with mobile data being used when it has been turned off. Migrating to EE would not solve the problem no since it is the device or one of the devices settings that will still be allowing mobile data to be used. Until this is resolved the data leak would still happen regardless of what network or SIM card is used. 🙂

by alisonmk Investigator
Investigator

Hi Tom,

thanks for replying. It's my daughter's phone,  so it's usually with her whilst this happens but i know for certain that on one of the occasions that it happened she was in the swimming pool training and the phone was with me, so i know it wasn't turned on on that occasion. The WIFI assist is definitely off too.

i also had an orange mobile for ever and never encountered this.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Switching to EE is a con! Switching network can never solve this issue. "Might"? Pigs might fly!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @alisonmk,

Have you checked the phone's mobile data settings to see which apps are using data?

Thanks

James

by alisonmk Investigator
Investigator

Hello James,

thank you for replying.

None of the apps can use data because mobile data is switched off! The section is greyed out, so surely none should be using data??

Alison

by

Hi @alisonmk,

Yes, if data is always turned off, no app should be able to access the internet.

It's worth resetting the data monitor in the settings so you can monitor which apps have accessed the internet if it happens again.

This will show if data is being turned on by your daughter inadvertently.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.