Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

You've now used all of the data you can gift

I have unlimited data and use that to provide Internet services to my family. However, yesterday, I received this text from EE:

"Hi from EE: You've now used all of the data you can gift. You'll get more next month but, in the meantime, you can continue to enjoy using your unlimited data allowance."

Can someone explain that to me? I'm hoping it's got nothing to do with tethering; with the kids at home doing schoolwork, they'd be royally screwed if they couldn't get on the 'net, via my phone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: You've now used all of the data you can gift

Hi @glowkeeper 

You can gift 100GB data each month, for example, if you gift someone 50gb in day one then 50Gb will for your use 1st and then your unlimited data.

But if you gift someone 100gb in day one then you still have unlimited data for your use but you can't gift it to anyone.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi @glowkeeper 

You can gift 100GB data each month, for example, if you gift someone 50gb in day one then 50Gb will for your use 1st and then your unlimited data.

But if you gift someone 100gb in day one then you still have unlimited data for your use but you can't gift it to anyone.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, @tahirmian! Hold on - am I able to give 50GB to both of my teenage daughters, but still have unlimited data? Must they be on EE? 

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Yes, @glowkeeper if you have unlimited data you can give 50Gb and 50gb to both numbers, if you are the account holder.

And you still have your unlimited data for your use.

I hope this will help.

Thanks 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

@tahirmian Cool! Must they be on EE?

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Yes and ee pay monthly sim only or mobile contract.

And you must be the bill payer for them (account holder).

Thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.