by Mojo3 Investigator
Investigator

Wrong deal

Hello there,

So two days ago, just before catching a 14h-flight, I decided to get a deal which I had received via text message. Said deal was your £10 monthly PAYG plan for £7.5. So when replying to the text, I realized only after sending it that I was answering to another text message I had received, one offering unlimited texts, calls & data for £5. It was too late as the text was already out.

I am not interested in the latter promo, so I am wondering if there's anyway to revert this and get the £7.5 deal. I have not used any of the data, calls or texts of the £5 deal (my phone is on airplaine mode) & as I am abroad, I am not sure I can call 150 to sort this out.

In the ultimate case that's not possible to "swap" both deals, I would like to know if I can get a refund from the £5 deal. 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Employee

Re: Wrong deal

Hi and welcome to the community @Mojo3

This would have to be looked into by our customer services team as here in the community we are unable to access any customer account details.

Do I take it by the flight length you are not in Europe?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Mojo3 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the prompt reply @Lee_H

No, I’m not in Europe. I tried contacting someone that could help out via Twitter, web chat and now through here, but no one seems able to sort this out.

What’s left for me to do? This is starting to be rather inconvenient.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mojo3

I agree with @Lee_H, our customer service team will be able to access your account and, hopefully, sort this out for you.

You can find the contact details, including an international number, on our get in touch help and support page.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mojo3 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you all for your replies.

I’ve decided to assume my mistake and let this one go. 

It would be nice though if you could pass the message to the product development team and let them know that an option to override things like these is necessary, to be added either to the app or to the text message system you’ve got in place.

by
EE Community Support Team

I'll definitely pass your feedback on, @Mojo3.

I hope you enjoy the rest of you trip.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.