by darling41 Contributor
Contributor

Withings Home

I can no longer access the Live Stream CCTV using mobile data but my wife on O2 network can. Anyone else having trouble?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Can't Access the Live Stream CCTV

I dunno; somewhere in the APN maybe. I only think I know the cause not the solution.

I bet O2 is still using IPv4 & so your wife's works. Look in her APN.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
20 REPLIES 20
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't Access the Live Stream CCTV

Did you once? Have you changed to EE from Orange or T-M? I believe its to do with EE using IPv6 addressing. Can you set your profile to IPv4?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by darling41 Contributor
Contributor

1. Yes it used to work
  2. I have been on EE from the beginning
  3. I connect through a Sky router which is supposed to be IPv6 compatible

Thanks for your interest in my problem I'll have to delve into the router setup to try your suggestion 😊

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's not the BB router; it's the EE mobile network.

by darling41 Contributor
Contributor

So when you suggest setting my profile to IPv4 where do I do this ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

I dunno; somewhere in the APN maybe. I only think I know the cause not the solution.

I bet O2 is still using IPv4 & so your wife's works. Look in her APN.

by
EE Employee

Hi @darling41 and welcome to the community.

What type of handset do you have as we may be able to assist.

Many thanks,

Lee

by darling41 Contributor
Contributor

I have an iPhone 6s running the latest iOS

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Employee

Hi @darling41

When accessing the cams do you use a specific manufacturer's app or a universal IP cam viewer app?

Many thanks,

Lee

by darling41 Contributor
Contributor

I use the manufacturers app (Withings) as does my wife (she's on O2). As far as I can tell we have identical setup on our phones, she has iPhone as well.

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Employee

Hi @darling41

Could you try me one thing before I get you in contact with the technical team.

Please could you turn of the 4G connectivity and go to 3G only and let me know if that helps.

Many thanks,

Lee

by muindo Investigator
Investigator

I have the exact same problem on my iPhone 6s plus.

Everything was working fine until a few days ago... now I cannot access the live stream from the manufacturer's app when I am on 4g/3g.

The only way I have managed to gain access is if I am logged onto a wifi network, or if I connect to my VPN server on 4g/3g.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@muindo  But of a long shot but have you tried a network reset on the device? 

by muindo Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Chris_B,

Once I realised this issue, I have reset and then set up the device as a completely new device.

My setup is:

Virgin Media router (in modem mode) -> netgear nighthawk r7000 (router) -> withings home (hardwired).

by
EE Employee

Hi @muindo 

Have you been able to see if anyone else on EE is experiencing the same issue for example a friend of family member.

Many thanks,

Lee

by darling41 Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately not. Everyone else in the family is on O2 and can connect without a problem.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @muindo and @darling41,

Have you reported this issue to the CCTV manufacturer?

Thanks

James

by darling41 Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have, and although they won't admit there is a problem they say they hope it will be fixed in a future update.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @darling41,

Thanks for the update.

It sounds like the manufacturer have a fix on the way.

James

by muindo Investigator
Investigator

I got pretty much the same response from them, and other members of my family, on different networks, mainly Vodafone, have no issues connecting to the camera when they are on 4g.

Hopefully there is a fix soon, forced to carry on using VPN/wifi as a temporary solution.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.