by MCameron80
Visitor

Will a standard SIM only plan with data let me tether devices when abroad?

I am looking at moving my phone to EE on a SIM only contract. I have been so impressed with the 4g home internet I have at the moment. I go abroad for work regularly and would like to be able to tether my laptop to the phone rather than using dodgy free wifi. Within the EU does the standard plan allow this or do I need an add-on of some kind?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Will a standard SIM only plan with data let me tether devices when abroad?

Yes, all EE plans allow tethering both whilst in the UK and whilst roaming.

EU data roaming comes with a 15Gb monthly fair usage though so if you chose a plan with more than 15Gb of data, you can only use upto 15Gb a month whilst roaming within the EU.  

There are are UK stable usage rules in place as well to make sure your device is used in the UK at least once every 2 months to prevent you using EE data abroad long term i.e. if you live abroad, which EE plans are not designed for.

See the SIM only T&C's for more details.

2 REPLIES 2
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Yes, all EE plans allow tethering both whilst in the UK and whilst roaming.

EU data roaming comes with a 15Gb monthly fair usage though so if you chose a plan with more than 15Gb of data, you can only use upto 15Gb a month whilst roaming within the EU.  

There are are UK stable usage rules in place as well to make sure your device is used in the UK at least once every 2 months to prevent you using EE data abroad long term i.e. if you live abroad, which EE plans are not designed for.

See the SIM only T&C's for more details.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @MCameron80

I see @Profile closed has already replied with help to your question.  

EE is a great service so I’m sure you’ll be happy with a plan with them. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.