by Woodtown Investigator
Investigator

Will EE unblock ports under certain circumstances?

...or is the answer always no?

Is there a way to getting a static IP address?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Will EE unblock ports under certain circumstances?

• EE don't block any ports.
  • No.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello and welcome to the EE Community. 

I believe that, as far as the consumer side of EE is concerned, which I assume your enquiry relates to, the answer is no. However, there are bespoke static IP SIMs available on EE certainly through third part sellers and I'm sure probably through EE's business services.

by Woodtown Investigator
Investigator

Hello and many thanks for the input.

The ports are opened for incoming/outgoing on the 4G LTE router but the application tests them (4524/5; 843) as closed.

Might something like no-ip.com be a workaround?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What application tests them as closed? No application running outside your LAN can see your ports or even IP addy as the EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT), which means that you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net. This is unlike fixed BB. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Woodtown Investigator
Investigator

From XRaySpex: 'What application tests them as closed?'

The server has a built-in port tester + you could try www.porttester.com which agrees with my server.

by Woodtown Investigator
Investigator

Oops. That should have been www.portchecktool.com

- very sorry...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, exactly, it would!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions